Maple Pecan Granola Clusters
- 2 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 c raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325'.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and pecans.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
4. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
5. Spread mixture out over a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the granola and bake an additional 15 minutes. Add the raisins, stir the granola and bake 3 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Allow granola to cool completely before serving or storing.
8. Stores well for a week in an airtight container.
The granola may appear overly moist and soft when it's removed from the oven. This is normal. It will crisp up as it cools.
For maximum crunch, break up any large clusters when you flip the granola. Smaller clusters will have a bigger crunch than large clusters.
Any dried fruit can be used in place of the raisins and any chopped nut can be used in place of the pecans. Try cranberry walnuts clusters or banana peanut clusters. Make it your own.
This tasty granola is great as a cereal with milk or as a dry snack. Unlike other granola recipes, the oats clump together to form delicious crunchy cluster.