I love this Chickpea Salad as a side or lunch dish. Easily makes an entree by adding cooked chicken or pork.
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- Bell peppers, orange, red, green and yellow
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a bowl, toss together the garbanzo beans, Roma tomato, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Cover, and chill until serving.