Christmas Tree Rice Krispies
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 10.5 oz of marshmallows
- green food coloring
- 12 Miniature Reese's Cups
- 1/3 cup of M&M Minis
- 12 candy stars
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from sweetandsimpleliving.com
1) To help in forming the cone shape, I took the foam that comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones and cut it to make a form to help shape the trees. I might try to use a funnel next time. Spraying it lightly with cooking spray. Then filling it with the rice krispies.
2) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3) In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
4) Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
5) Add in enough food coloring to make the mixture dark green (it will lighten when the cereal is added).
6) Remove from heat.
7) Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated. Allow to set for about 4 minutes.
8) Butter a your hands and form the mixture into cone shapes. Place cones onto prepared pan. Allow to cool and firm up for several hours.
9) Mix the powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a bowl until smooth.
10) Transfer mixture to a piping bag or zippered bag to pipe onto cookies.
11) Pipe like garland around each tree.
12) Space M&M minis like ornaments onto the garland.
13) Pipe a dab of icing on top of tree to act as glue and attach a star.
14) Place a Reese's upside down on pan. Pipe icing on it and place tree on top.
15) Allow to set before serving.