Not So Average Nachos
There is nothing average about these nachos! Shredded rotisserie chicken, onions, poblano chile, pepper jack cheese, black beans, purple cabbage, pico de gallo and cilantro over tortilla chips is what you'll find in this delicious dish.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large poblano chile, chopped
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (11-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, loosely packed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium pan on medium high. Add onion and poblano, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1-1/4 cups of milk. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until it thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in cheese, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir until cheese melts. Cover and keep warm.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add cumin, chile powder and remaining 1 teaspoon salt, cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Spread the chips on a platter, and top with the chicken and beans. Drizzle the nachos with the cheese mixture and top with cabbage, pico de gallo and cilantro. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Cocktail Meatballs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Monster Haystacks (Halloween... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creepy Caterpillar Recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ricotta & Pear Crostini with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Sloppy Joe Phyllo Cups 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Feta Dip 4.3/5 (23 Votes)