This eggnog recipe serves a crowd, and taste creamy and rich enough that your guests are going to demand seconds, and even thirds. Make this recipe up to 2 days a head of your party and keep chilled in your refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
In a saucepan, bring the cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt to a bare simmer, stirring often. Slowly ladle in 1/2 cup or so of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously to avoid little bits of cooked egg. This will temper the eggs so they don't scramble when cooked on the stove top. Ladle in another 1/2 cup, whisking vigorously the entire time. Do this until all the hot milk has been added to the eggs and the mixture is well combined.
Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan of milk on the stove, whisking quickly, and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it reaches 160°F on.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and rum extract.
Pour the eggnog into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, or up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Roasted Garlic Bean Dip 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Muffin Pan Tuna Melts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipe 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Seared Tilapia with Spiralized... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cinnamon Spiced Pecans Recipe 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup from the... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Vegetarian Noodle Pad Thai 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Winter Escarole, Pear & Walnut... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)