Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
Three bean chili is quick, easy and healthy meal. Serve topped with sour cream and chopped green onions, and some warm corn muffins.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4” pieces, about 1/2 cup
- 2 small green and/or yellow zucchini, seeded and cut into 1/4” pieces, about 3 cups
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chile, plus 1 teaspoon sauce from 1 can (7-ounce) chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- Sour cream, optional
- Chopped scallions, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oil in medium, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and carrots are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini, chili powder, garlic and chipotle chile. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini softens, about 5 minutes.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans (with liquid) and red kidney beans (with liquid). Bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly and vegetables are completely tender, about 30 minutes. Season with Adobo.
Serve with sour cream and chopped scallions, if desired.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Hot Chocolate with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Parmesan-Herb Pork... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Heidi Swanson's Summer Squash Soup... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bratwurst in Rye Pastry With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Catfish with Olive-Tomato... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Chickpea Mushroom Burgers... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Cal-Tex Chili & Pinto Beans 4.3/5 (8 Votes)