Shakahari Shamee Kabab - Vegetarian Shamee Kabab
- 2 large slices white bread
- 375 g potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 200 g paneer, grated or mashed
- 2 green chilis, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp bottled mint sauce or 1 tbsp finely chopped mixed with 1 tbsp lime juice
- 15 g finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small onion finely chopped or minced
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 large egg
1. Lay the slices of bread side by side on a large plate and pour over enough cold water to soak them for a few seconds. Hold the bread, one slice at a time, crumpled between your palms and squeeze out all the water. Put in a large mixing bowl.
2. add the remaining ingredients except for the flour, egg, and oil. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly blended together. Alternatively, put all the ingredients (except the onion, flour, egg and oil) in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the onions and mix.
3. Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts and make 6 equal-sized balls from each. Flatten the balls into smooth and round cakes.
4. Put enoug oil in a frying pan to measure about 5mm depth and heat over medium heat. Dust each kabab in the seasoned flour, making sure it is fully coated. Dip the kababs in the beaten eff and fry until well browned on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.