Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert
Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert – This classic dessert features a crunchy pretzel crust, a creamy center, and silky top with mandarin oranges and orange flavored gelatin. Perfect for a summer luncheon!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 box (3 ounce) orange gelatin
- 1 can (10 ounce) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. 2.In a medium bowl, mix together the pretzels, sugar, and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. 3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until mixture is lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely. 4. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with a handheld mixer. Fold in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spread evenly over the cooled pretzel layer. Refrigerate until set, about 30-40 minutes. 5. In another medium bowl, whisk together the orange gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Then whisk in 1 cup of cold water. Gently mix in the mandarin orange slices. 6. Pour mixture over the cooled cream cheese layer. 7. Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, about 3 hours. Slice and serve! Notes Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the pretzel crust completely to the edges so the gelatin won't leak through, which I didn't do!