- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter or 1 cup apple sauce for healthier alternative.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cherries (or cranberries).
- 1 cup chopped nuts
In a small boel whisk together flour, cinnamon,baking soda, nutmeg and salt then set aside.
Mix butter, sugar and honey with paddle till light & fluffy, about 4 minutes, add eggs and vanilla to combine.
With mixer on low, add flour mixture till incorporated then Stir in oats, cherries and nuts
Drop 1 tbsp of dough 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
Bake about 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown at 350 deg.
Let cool on sheet for about 5 minutes
Line sheets with parchment paper.