Mexican Charro Beans
- 1 lb Dried pinto beans
- 6 strips bacon chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can beer
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Rinse and pick over beans
2. Bring beans to a boil in a large pot of water and cook over medium heat for 1.5 to 2 hours until they are tender but firm.
3.Before beans are done, fry the bacon in a large skillet until halfway cooked.
4. Add garlic, tomatoes onions,and green pepper; continue cooking with bacon until bacon is crisp.
5.Add can of beer to bacon mixture and simmer a few additional minutes.
6. Add chopped cilantro and jalapeños; combine everything in one pot.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.