The Perfect Apple Crisp
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used about 6 Granny Smith apples)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples.
For the Topping: Combine the oats, 2 cups flour, brown sugar, pecans, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.