Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
I like to substitute whole wheat breadcrumbs for a healthier version of this deliciously cheesy appetizer!
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- A dash of pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from essentiallyeclectic.com
Wash your zucchini and cut them into 1/4" rounds. In a large bowl or ziploc bag, coat zucchini in olive oil and stir/shake until each pieces is coated (it doesn't need to be dripping, just a thin coat).
In another bowl, combine equal parts grated Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and stir until well mixed. Add in a dash of pepper and sea salt to taste (sea salt/kosher salt goes a long way, so be careful here--you can always add more later!).
Coat each zucchini round, front and back, in your breadcrumb mixture and place on a greased cookie sheet (I line my sheet with tin foil and grease with olive oil cooking spray). Rounds can be touching, but shouldn't be on top of each other.
Bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown (keeping in mind that these can burn on the bottom before you'll see them burn on top). Serve warm!
You'll also love
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Blackberry Mojitos 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Whipped Potatoes & Parsnips with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Taco Casserole 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Taco-rific Spaghetti Squash Bake 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Slices with Rum Glaze 4.5/5 (34 Votes)