Yellow Squash Casserole II
Yellow squash is steamed and then baked with ritz crackers, onions, eggs and cheddar cheese, for a delicious casserole!
- 2 pounds yellow squash, about 4 cups
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
In large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture.
Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread squash mixture into 9 x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
Bake for 25 minutes until lightly brown.
You'll also love
- Tex-Mex Beef Stew 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Vegan Whole Wheat Bourbon Banana... 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Grandma's Old Fashioned Bread... 4.2/5 (145 Votes)
- Overnight Peaches and Cream French... 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Soup Crockpot 4.7/5 (68 Votes)
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa 4.5/5 (88 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crumb Muffins With Cream... 4.6/5 (76 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch 4.6/5 (72 Votes)