Muffin Pan Tuna Melts
These tuna melts are made by using a muffin pan are so simple to prepare that you might want to consider doubling or tripling this recipe because these delicious morsels will go fast at your next party or celebratory event. The addition of honey mustard and dried cranberries adds a perfect hint of tart sweetness to this recipe for Muffin Pan Tuna Melts.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 slices honey oat or honey wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (6-ounce) cans chunk white tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese with dill, cut into small cubes, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped dried cranberries
- fresh dill sprigs, optional
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 415mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously coat 12 (2.5-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
Lightly brush one side of bread slices with melted butter. Press bread slices, buttered sides up, into the prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, and honey mustard. Stir in cheese, shallot, and dried cranberries. Divide tuna mixture among bread-lined muffin cups.
Bake about 15 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly. Remove tuna cups from muffin cups; let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh dill.
You'll also love
- Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Bundles Recipe 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Homemade Clam Cakes 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Gingerbread Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Rainbow Trout 4.5/5 (2 Votes)