- 16 sea scallops, approximately 3″ in diameter
- 2 T. unsalted butter for sautéing
- 2 T. more butter for sauce
- 1/3 c. finely chopped parsley
- 1 lg. clove minced garlic
- 1 oz. lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 c. dry white wine (omit or use chicken broth if on Induction)
1) Preheat oven to 400º.
2) Melt 2 T. butter in non-stick 14″ skillet over high heat.
3) Sear only 4 scallops for 3 minutes on a side (less, of course, for smaller scallops). Do not crowd pan with more than 4 at a time or the juice they bleed out will cause them to simmer/steam rather than sear nicely.
4) Remove to a plate temporarily. Repeat until all scallops are seared.
5) Replace all scallops in pan and pop into preheated oven for 10 minutes (less for small scallops).
6)Remove scallops to plate and put skillet on medium flame atop stove. Add the 2 additional tablespoons of butter, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and wine. Simmer 5-8 minutes longer. Add scallops back and serve with a nice green salad or your favorite green vegetable.