Coq au Vin (Quick)
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2-3 thick slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 - 4 lb. chicken, cut into 6 piecers
- 1 handful flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 8-10 ozs. mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 20 whole baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large sweet onions , chopped
- 1/2 bottle red or white wine
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer to a large plate.
2. Cover the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
3. Brown the chicken in the pot, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with bacon.
4. Saute the mushrrooms, carrots, garlic, and onions in the pot until they just begin to brown, 5 minutes.
5. Pour half the wine into the pan and cook over high heat for about 8 minutes.
6. Add the broth and remaining wine. Bring to a boil and add the chicken bacon, and herb.
7. Return to a boil, then cover and immer for 45 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and thyme and serve.