A Perfect Christmas Dessert
- 1 Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 pint of blueberries or any other berries you prefer
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 3.5 or larger package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk or what ever is called for in pudding directions
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of blanched slivered almonds
- 12 maraschino cherries
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar. Cut the nananas into slices and toss with orange juice. Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth. Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.
2. Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the berries and then half of the bananas. Spread half of the pudding over the fruit Repeat layers in the same order.
3. In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle. Garnish with maraschino cherries and slivered almonds.