Cannellini Bean Soup
- 3 cans cannellini beans or white kidney beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 c. chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 t. dried basil
- 2 t. dried thyme leaves
- 1 small head escarole or Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine 1 1/2 cans beans with 3 c. of broth in a food processor and blend until a smooth puree. Transfer to a large saucepan.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until beans , tomatoes and greens reach desired tenderness.