Grilled Tilapia on Pineapple Salsa Vermicelli
- 4 tilapia fillets (or other white flesh fish), 125 g each
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) rice vermicelli, cooked and warm
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Adapted from ricardocuisine.com
In a bowl, marinate the fish in the pineapple juice for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
In another bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, 60 ml (1/4 cup) basil, chives, oil, vinegar and ginger. Add the vermicelli and blend well. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain the fish. In a very hot and lightly oiled ridged skillet, grill the fish on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the noodles in the centre of the serving plates. Place the fish on the vermicelli. Garnish with the remaining basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Chicken-Crock Pot 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Peruvian Shrimp 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Cider Maple Glazed Ham 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seared Tilapia with Spiralized... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado Pineapple Blueberry Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tilapia with Honey and Soy 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Marinade 4.5/5 (2 Votes)