Lemon Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup (plus 2 tablespoons, if roasting) EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, divided
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3- to 4-pound chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450F or a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the EVOO, zest and juice of 1 lemon, garlic and black pepper. Season the chicken well with salt and toss into the bowl. Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes.
3. If roasting, place a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Sear the chicken, meat side-down until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then turn over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. If grilling, grill chicken until marked and cooked through, 8-10 minutes per side.