Slow Cooker Enchilada Stack
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chilies, drained
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 9-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced, for serving
- 1 tomato, diced, for serving
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 245mins
1) Heat olive oil in a lrg skillet over med-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3 - 5 mins, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and remove from heat.
2) Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, green chilies, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce (reserving 1/2 cup).
3) Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread 1/3 ground beef mixture evenly over the tortilla; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers; top with remaining tortilla, enchilada sauce and cheese.
4) Cover and cook on low heat for 3 - 4 hrs or high heat for 2 - 3 hrs.
5) Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tomato and cilantro.