Banana Bread Coffee Cake
Cross between a coffee cake and a sweet bread
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 3-4 Medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 8x4 loaf pans.
2. in a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
5. To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir until just combined. Add in sour cream and stir.
7. Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
8. Combine cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter in both pans.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean without just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack.
11. Slice and enjoy