Bran-Oat Muffins with Raisin, Cranberry or Dates
- 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Wheat Bran
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk (of 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp lemon) (add a little more milk until cake-like consistency
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 + Cup Dried Cranberries, raisins or dates
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix Bran, Oats and milk together and let stand.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and then combine with the milk/bran-oat mixture above.
4. Mix flours, baking soda, baking powder and then combine with the wet mixture.
5. Stir in the cranberries, raisins or dates.
5. Pour batter into large muffin cups about 2/3 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes).
6. Cool and serve.
You'll also love
- Low Carb Egg with Bacon Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Texas Size Breakfast Sandwich with... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Spinach Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE 4/5 (4 Votes)
- MICHIGAN APPLE CAKE 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Pudding Trifle 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grandma's Ricotta Raisin Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Raisin Crumb Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)