Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 9 tablespoons dry sherry,
- 9 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion, 2 red peppers
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloins, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets = 2 fresh bunches
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1) Stir together sherry, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper flakes. Transfer 1/2 cup of mixture to glass bowl and marinate meat of 1 hour or up to 2 hours
2) Add cornstarch and enough water to soy sauce mixture in cup to equal 2/3 cup, stir until smooth
3) Heat big skillet over high heat until water sizzles in pan, add canola oil and swirl to coat.
4) Add beef and cook until no longer pink, should be 2-3 minutes. Remove beef but leave sauce in pan. Add vegetables to wok and stir fry for 5 minutes then cover and cook until desired.
5) Restir cornstarch mixture add to wok along with beef. Stir fry until sauce bubble and thickens usually 2 minutes.