Mini Crab Cakes with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple, diced small
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Prepare salsa by mixing the pineapple and cucumber together and dashing with salt.
Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in crabmeat, panko, and next 2 ingredients. Shape mixture into 16 (2-inch) cakes (about 1/4 cup each). Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 8 crab cakes; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with remaining butter and crab cakes. Serve with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa and lime wedges.