- 3 lb chicken,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.
3. Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle this oil/juice mixture over the chicken.
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.