Fried Rice With Shrimp And Ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium shrimp peeled, deveined, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas thawed
- 3 cups cooked rice - (abt 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Additional soy sauce
Whisk eggs with pinch of salt until blended. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or heavy medium skillet over high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. Using spatula, lift eggs as they cook, letting uncooked part run underneath until set. Transfer to cutting board. Cut eggs into shreds.
Combine shrimp, wine and cornstarch in small bowl. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in same wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink, about 3 minutes. Add ham and vegetables and stir-fry 1 minute.
Add shredded eggs, rice and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and stir-fry until heated through. Season with pepper. Serve, passing soy sauce separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.