Fish Tacos with Lime Sauce
- 1 pound fresh tilapia or catfish fillets
- 3 limes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 - 6 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (2 small or 1 medium)
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
1) Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
2) For lime sauce, juice two of the limes into a bowl (cut remaining lime into wedges for serving). Stir mayonnaise and chili powder into juice. Transfer 1/3 cup of the sauce to another bowl; toss fish in it. Set aside remaining sauce.
3) In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. In a shallow dish combine flour and salt. Working with about a third of the fish at a time, toss fish in flour mixture and add to hot oil. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes, turning to brown evenly and adding additional oil as needed. Drain fish on paper towels.
4) Wrap tortillas in paper towels; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Top tortillas with fish, cabbage, carrots, and jalapeno. Drizzle with Lime Sauce and serve with lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Braised Halibut with Leeks &... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- One Pot Shrimp Parmesan Pasta 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Lime Jello Parfait 4.6/5 (7 Votes)