Spring Pea Salad
- Kosher Salt
- 2 2 10oz) cups shelled English Peas or thawed frozen peas (about 10oz)
- 1 1 1 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1 med shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- pinch pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 2 2 tsp walnut oil
Adapted from google.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. If using fresh english peas, add to boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Add snap peas and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes, then add snow peas and cook 30 seconds.
Drain peas and plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
Heat a large skillet with olive oil. Add shallot and cook until soft (2 minutes). Add walnuts, dates and cayenne and cook until walnut are lightly toasted.
Drain peas, shaking off extra water, then add to the skillet (if using frozen peas, add here). Add 1 tsp salt and cook, stirring until heated through (3-5 minutes).
Season with salt and walnut oil to taste.