Cucumber Lime Martini (Bobby Flay)
- Simple Syrup:
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup chilled Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill fronds, plus more for garnish
- 4 shots cold vodka or gin
- 1 cup sugar
Slice 4 very thin slices from the cucumber, then peel, seed and coarsely chop the rest. Combine the lime juice, chopped cucumber, some Simple Syrup and 2 cups cold water in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and stir in the lime zest, mint and dill. Cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours. Keep the cucumber slices covered and chilled.
Put some ice, a shot of vodka and some of the lime mixture in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a cucumber slice, some mint and dill. Repeat to make 3 more martinis.
Bring the sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and cool the syrup to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.
Yield: 1 cup
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/cucumber-lime-martini.html?oc=linkback
You'll also love
- LEMON ICEBOX CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip-Crockpot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beer-Braised Sausages with Warm... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veggie Blueberry 22oz 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CITRUS GINGER ROASTED BROCCOLI 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German Cucumber Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)