Slow Cooker Lighter Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Dip
This light buffalo blue cheese chicken dip is full of flavor and makes for a great go-to appetizer for any event, any time of year.
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese (often sold as "1/3 Reduced Fat Cream Cheese")
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (us less or a mild version if your heat-averse)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I like full fat, but any will work)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onions, sliced
- Kettle Brand chips and celery sticks, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Add the Neufchâtel cheese, chicken, wing sauce, blue cheese, cheddar, onion, garlic, and dill to the crock of a slow cooker. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or High for 1 to 2 hours, until the onions are tender.
Switch the slow cooker to Warm and remove the lid. Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in the yogurt, salt, and pepper.
Garnish with green onions. Serve with chips and celery sticks.