Beer-Braised Sausages with Warm Potato Salad
Beer, sausage, and potatoes are a classic combination. We simmer everything together to make a satisfying one-pot meal.
PREP: 35 MINS TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS SERVINGS: 4
SOURCE: EVERYDAY FOOD, MARCH 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian pork sausages
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces pale ale beer
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high.
Add sausages and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
Add beer, potatoes, and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper and press to submerge potatoes in cooking liquid.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer sausages to a serving platter and keep warm.
In a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, and parsley. With a slotted spoon, transfer potato mixture to dressing (reserve cooking liquid) and toss to combine.
Return pot to high heat; boil cooking liquid until reduced to 1 cup, about 12 minutes.
Return sausages to pot and cook until heated through, 2 minutes.
Place sausages and dressed potatoes on serving platter; drizzle half the sauce over top. Serve sausages and potatoes with remaining sauce alongside.
You'll also love
- Party Shrimp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roast Beef Tenderloin with Garlic... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Mr. L's Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Parmesan Polenta with Sausage... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)