Cilantro Lime Chicken with Salsa
- 4 (6oz) chicken boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 medium avocados (ripe but semi-firm) diced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under cool water to remove harsh bite
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Place chicken on a cutting board, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound thicker parts of chicken to an even thickness. transfer chicken to a gallon size resealable plastic bag.
in a small mixing bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olie oil, honey, cilantro, 3 cloves minced garlic and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pour marinade over chicken in bag. seal bag while pressing air out, then rub marinade over chicken. allow to rest in fridge for 2 - 4 hours (rotating bag to opposite side and moving chicken around halfway through if possible to ensure it's evenly marinated).
preheat a grill over medium-high heat (to about 425-450 degrees). brush grill grates lightly with oil then grill chicken until center registers 160-165 degrees on an instant read thermometer about 4mins per side. remove and let rest 5 mins).
Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl toss together avocado, tomato, onion, garlic and lime and season with salt and pepper to taste. spoon a generous amount over chicken and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.