Easy Apricot Almond Tart
- 1 9 inch refrigerated ready pie crust room temperature
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour (generous)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds very finely chopped
- in processor 7 apricots - (to 9) peeled, halved
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unfold crust and press out fold lines. Sprinkle with flour and gently spread flour over crust. Arrange floured-side down in 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges. Pierce all over with fork. Bake until golden brown, about 11 minutes. Cool slightly on rack.
Reduce oven to 375 degrees. Spread preserves in bottom of crust. Top with almonds. Arrange apricots cut-side down atop almonds, filling tart completely. Sprinkle with sugar. Dot apricots with butter. Bake until apricots are tender and filling is syrupy, about 1 hour. Cool on rack.
This recipe yields 6 servings.