Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Thin slices of potato smothered in creamy, delicious Gruyère cheese — there's no way that could be bad. Serve this as the perfect fall side dish
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 2 Cups whole milk
Butter an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Place a layer of potato slices on the bottom of the dish. Top with a few of the onion slices, some of the cheese, then season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste. Place a few dollops of butter on top of the layer. Place another layer of potatoes, onions, cheese, and seasonings, and repeat until all ingredients are used up (end with a sprinkling of cheese and a few dollops of butter).
Pour the milk over the potato mixture (it should come about ¾ of the way up the potatoes).
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered until the top is golden brown and bubbly and the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about another 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Meatball Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo Salad with Spicy Buttermilk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- We Got The Beet 24oz 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin & Cheese-Swirled Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CURRY COCONUT SHRIMP IN SLOW COOKER 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecued... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)