Turkey Tetrazzini with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces leftover skinless roast turkey breast or rotisserie chicken breast, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 5 -ounce package baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the wine and cook until absorbed, about 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir the turkey and spinach into the sauce and cook until the turkey is warmed through and the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the reserved cooking water and return to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/3 cup parmesan.
Toss the noodles with the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.
You'll also love
- Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Toast Bruschetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pound Cake with Buttermilk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Garlic Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Sausages with Summer... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Ravioli with Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- spinach artichoke braid 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Bacon and Onion Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)