MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES
- 2 eggs or Egg Beaters equivalent
- 3 tbsp. Dijonnaise mustard
- 2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 8 slices thick bread
- 8 oz left-over or deli-sliced ham
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- cooking spray
n a shallow dish, beat eggs or egg substitute with 1/4 cup water.
In a small bowl, combine Dijonnaise* and relish. Spread over 4 slices bread. Top with ham and cheese. Top with remaining bread.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, melt 1 tablespoon butter, dip 2 sandwiches in egg mix, turning once.
Cook, turning once, until cheese has melted and sandwich is golden. About 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mix and sandwiches.
Dijonnaise is a combination of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.