The Lure Burger with Caramelized Onion-and-Bacon Jam
These amazing burgers topped with cheese and caramelized onion and bacon jam are so juicy and flavorful! A little bit sweet, and plenty savory, these cheeseburgers do not disappoint.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- 4 dill pickles, shaved into ribbons
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill pan to high. Preheat the oven to 375°F . Arrange the bacon on a parchment-paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven until crisp, 30 to 35 minutes; drain. Finely chop, then transfer to a medium bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add to the bacon.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties. Grill, turning once, for about 10 minutes for medium; during the last 2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with a cheese slice. Place each patty on a roll bottom, then top with some of the onion-and-bacon jam, ketchup-mayo sauce, pickles and top with roll tops.
You'll also love
- Beef Stroganoff Meatballs 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Twice-Cooked Sweet Potatoes with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Rice Noodles with Pork and Ginger... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Warm Crab & Spinach Dip 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Bourbon & Mint 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Apples and Pork 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Pasta 4/5 (3 Votes)