Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- additional sugar for cookie tops
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour, cocoa, and baking powder in small bowl; set aside.
Beat butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended.
Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.
Stir in chocolate chunks and cranberries.
Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls on ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
Flatten cookies to 2-inch diameters with a drinking glass dipped in sugar.
Bake 11-12 minutes in 350 oven until set.
Cool 2 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool completely.