Broccoli Scalloped Potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, white pepper and salt until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in 1 cup cheese. Reduce heat; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted (sauce will be thick). Remove from heat.
Add potatoes, ham and broccoli to sauce; stir gently to coat. Transfer to eight greased 8-oz. ramekins.
Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Mozzarella, Red Pepper & Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese & Garlic Crack Bread (Pull... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Doone’s Clam Chowder ala Ivar’s 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HONEY GARLIC BUTTER SALMON IN FOIL 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)