Classic Green Bean Casserole
A Southern favorite side dish that's been around since the 70s. Serves especially well with turkey or chicken and the fixins.
- 5 (15-ounces) can cut green beans
- 1 (10 1/2 -ounces) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinches of garlic salt and Tony Chachere's Original Creole seasoning
- 1 small can (1 1/3-cups) French's Original French Fried Onions
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Drain, then rinse beans well under cold tap water in a colander. Set aside to drain.
Lightly spray an 11x8" (or equivalent) baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, garlic salt, and creole seasoning. Stir in half the fried onions (reserve other half for the top). Shake excess water from the beans in the colander, then gently fold the beans into the soup mixture. Pour into the baking dish.
Bake for about 35 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining half of fried onions on top. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Corn 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni Au Gratin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Paleo Roasted Delicata Squash &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fully Cooked Ham 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Warm Grilled Green Bean Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Beans with Caramelized... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled olives with Manchego 4/5 (1 Votes)