Cheese And Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 8 slices white bread cut into cubes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage crumbled, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (do not use lowfat or nonfat)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Grease 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish. Place bread in prepared dish. Top with sausage and cheese. Beat together eggs and next three ingredients. Season with pepper. Pour over sausage mixture. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Chill.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake casserole until puffed and center is set, about 50 minutes. Cut into squares.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.