Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies are going to be your new favorite! Sweet and buttery, you can't not love these.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped and every so slightly toasted
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits, such as Heath
- 1 oz. good quality chocolate, melted (optional) or add mini chocolate chips to the dough
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from lh6.ggpht.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cream the butter and powdered sugar together until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, then add the flour and salt just until combined. Stir in the pecans, toffee (and chocolate chips, if adding).
Form into small balls (1/2-ounce each) and place on baking sheet. (They don’t spread too much, so you can do at least 20 per sheet.) I flattened them slightly with a flat glass lightly coated with powdered sugar, but you don’t have to do that.
Bake until the edges are just starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. (I baked mine 13:30 minutes.) Cool on wire rack. Melt chocolate in microwave safe glass dish in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between each time, until smooth. Dip half of cooled cookies in chocolate. Set on waxed paper lined plate. Cool until chocolate is hardened. (I got 43 half ounce cookies.)
You'll also love
- Chicken & Spinach Cheese Tortellini 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Muffin-Tin Cheeseburgers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- No Sugar Low Carb Angel Food Cake 3.8/5 (41 Votes)
- Sugar Free Angel Food Cake 3.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Roasted Peach and Lavender Ice... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Applesauce Spice Bars 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Panera's Shortbread Cookies 3.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Coffee, Hazelnuts & White... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)