Peppermint Chocolate Mousse
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed peppermint candies
1. In a pan over high heat add your milk and let it come up to a simmer.
2. In a bowl, add in the chocolate chips, sugar, salt, and add the hot milk. Let it sit there, without stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Stir well to combine all the milk, chocolate, and sugar.
4. Whisk in the peppermint extract and egg whites. Whisk vigorously for about a minutes or so.
5. Add the chocolate mousse to the cups and put in the refrigerator to let chill for about 6 hours, or overnight.
6. In a bowl, beat together whipping cream with powdered sugar until light peaks.
7. Put a dollop of whipped cream on the top of the mousse.
8. Sprinkle the top with some crushed peppermint candies and serve.