Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- 5 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 pound blue cheese crumbled
- 5 green onions minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
Place potatoes in large pot. Cover with cold water. Boil until tender. Drain. Cool slightly. Peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl. Add wine, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cool.
Combine all remaining ingredients. Mix with potatoes. Adjust seasoning. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.)
This recipe yields 12 servings.