Roasted Turkey Noodle Soup
- 2 pounds turkey drumsticks
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey wings
- 2 turkey necks
- 1 medium onion,unpeeled,cut into wedges
- 2 small carrots,peeled cut into chunks
- 7 cloves garlic,peeled
- 4 quarts+ 10 cups water,divided
- 2-3 carrots,diced
- 2-3 celery ribs,diced
- 2-3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. each onion powder,garlic powder,and poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- pepper, to taste
- a few generous handfuls of thin noodles
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Place first 6 ingredients in pan and bake uncovered for 1 hour, turning once. Transfer(including all browned pieces and discarding the onion peel)to a 10 quart pot and cover with 4 quarts of cold water. Bring to a boil;reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours.
2. Remove turkey pieces with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly and remove all turkey meat from the bones. Cut into small pieces. Discard bones and return meat pieces to the pot.
3. Add diced vegetables and seasonings, plus 10 cups water to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,covered, for 1 1/2 hours. In the last 10 minutes,add the noodles and continue cooking.
4. Remove from heat and add fresh parsley. Let soup sit for a few minutes so the parsley flavor infuses the soup with a delicious freshness.