Easy Cheese and Bacon Quiche
- 1 1/4 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 package (6 oz) sliced Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with shortening. Stir Bisquick and butter until blended. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and up side of pie plate, forming edge on rim of plate.
2. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onions over crust. In medium bowl, beat half-and-half, eggs, salt and red pepper with spoon until blended. Pour into crust.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edge is golden brown and center is set.