Baked Radicchio And Herbed Goat Cheese
- 2 medium radicchio heads cut 1/4"-thk strips
- 1/4 pound goat cheese cut 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove flattened
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced Italian bread for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place radicchio in large shallow baking dish. Arrange goat cheese over.
Heat oil in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute. Discard garlic. Add basil, marjoram and rosemary to oil. Season with pepper. Drizzle over goat cheese and radicchio.
Bake until cheese begins to melt, about 15 minutes. Serve with bread slices.
This recipe yields 4 servings.