Cranberry Custard Pie
This recipe makes a deep 9-inch pie. If your pie dish is shallow or aluminum, it will make 2 pies.
- 1 tsp. corn syrup
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1/2 c. cream cheese
- 1 lemon, for zest/juice
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 1 box refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust (2 boxes if your pie pans are shallow)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Zest/Grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons). Place 1 cup cranberries in bowl with syrup and toss to coat; add 1 cup sugar and stir to coat cranberries. Transfer cranberries and sugar in bowl to an airtight container; chill until ready to use.
2. Unroll one pie crust and place in deep 9-inch pie dish; trim crust, leaving 1/4 inch overhang. Chill until ready to use.
3. Place in large bowl: cream cheese, eggs, remaining 2 cups sugar, and butter; beat with electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Add flour, vanilla, lemon zest, juice and salt; beat 2 minutes more. Gently stir remaining 3 cups cranberries into egg mixture.
4. Pour filling into crust, unroll remaining dough for top crust and place over the filled pie. Trim dough to 1/4 inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust and seal the edges by pinching or crimpling with a fork; brush top crust lightly with water and sprinkle with raw sugar.
5. Cut a few slits in the top of crust to allow steam to escape; chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pie dish on baking sheet (for ease in handling); bake 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 35-40 more minutes or until crust is firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving; garnish with sugared cranberries.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Squash - Microwave Method 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Moroccan Tomato Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL NUT APPLE PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Arugula, Pear & Blue Cheese Salad... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Blueberry Zucchini Cake w/ Lemon... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry Risotto (Risotto alle... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Wild Rice Bread 3.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Grandma's Egg Custard Pie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe