Smoked Salmon Pasta
Tossed with spaghetti, pine nuts and citrusy, creamy wine sauce, smoked salmon is the perfect featured ingredient for your pasta meal.
- 8 oz spaghetti (or other) pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots (can substitute with onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (divided into 1 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or dill
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- Fresh ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
1.) Heat to boiling in a large pot with at least 4 qt of water in it. While the water is heating, brown the pine nuts. Put the pine nuts in a single layer in a large skillet. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove pine nuts from pan and set aside.
2.) Once the water is boiling, salt it with 1 tbsp of salt for every 4 quarts of water. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, on high heat and let cook with a vigorous boil. Put the timer on for 8-10 minutes, or whatever your pasta package says is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm).
3.) While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then add white wine, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp of lemon zest. Increase the heat and let boil down by half. If you want a slightly creamy sauce, add the cream and let boil a minute more.
The sauce should be done about the same time the pasta is done. If you get done earlier with it than the pasta, take it off the heat.
4.) Once the pasta is done, and before draining the pasta, scoop out one cup of the pasta cooking liquid and reserve. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Add back some of the pasta cooking liquid to the pasta if it is a little dry. Add the smoked salmon, toasted pine nuts, parsley, and the remaining lemon zest. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
You'll also love
- Easy Strawberry Napoleons 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach, Pear and Cranberry Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Creepy Kitten Cupcakes 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Har mee, A Malaysian Prawn Noodle... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Avocado Pasta 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Crab Toast 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Florentine 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Crawfish And Corn Macque Choux 4.6/5 (9 Votes)